MobiTV is a video delivery solutions expert committed to making the live and on-demand entertainment experience better across all devices and platforms. Our content delivery platform unlocks content from the traditional Set Top Box (STB) experience allowing pay TV providers to seamlessly deliver content to their subscribers on all screens.
The Senior QA Engineer (Automation) is responsible for developing effective test scripts, executing test cases to verify functionality, security; and overall usability and to lead a small team of automation engineers. The Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer (Automation) will work closely with software developers and other QA engineers/testers in small scrum teams to deliver the highest quality products in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review Product Requirement Documents (PRDs)/Stories, transform these into test scripts and implement these into test cases for testing of applications developed at Mobi TV.
- Drive full Software Quality Assurance (SQA) lifecycle for mobile devices/tablets, Set Top boxes and browsers during development, testing and product support phases.
- Develop and maintain test automation scripts for the various Mobi TV applications on Android, iOS and web platforms, based on defined test strategies.
- Work closely with other QA Engineers in the team to define, design, develop, document, and maintain the QA tools and test automation frameworks.
- Identify and report bugs found through manual testing or automated testing, and document bugs in the ticketing system by following Mobi TV’s guidelines.
- Participate actively in test case reviews with other team members and stake holders.
- Participate in continuous improvement of QA lifecycle to shorten the test lifecycle of all applications on mobile handsets and supported platforms.
- Mentor and train other QA team members on testing tools, processes and test methodologies.
- Lead a small team of QA Engineers (Automation); assign tasks and monitor progress of the same.
- Be a vocal proponent for maintaining quality in every phase of the development lifecycle.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum development process
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software testing.
- Must have prior working experience on mobile applications and web applications.
- 3 years of experience in developing automation scripts, preferably mobile and TV platforms.
- Prior experience working with Android, iOS and web platforms.
- Familiar with using Linux/Unix environments, reading log files and writing complex scripts.
- Experience creating test plans and test specifications based on requirement and design documents.
- Proficiency in core Java OR Swift language is mandatory.
- Good skills in one or more of the following: junit, Selenium, Appium, Python, Perl.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated team player with problem solving capability.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.