MobiTV is a video delivery solutions expert committed to making the live and on-demand entertainment experience better across all devices and platforms. Our content delivery platform unlocks content from the traditional Set Top Box (STB) experience allowing pay TV providers to seamlessly deliver content to their subscribers on all screens.
We are looking for a Senior Software engineer, who is passionate about solving complex engineering problems, to join our Engineering team. This position entails working in a cross-functional Agile team comprised of Engineers, QA, Product managers, Project managers, Operations & external Customers.
- Work in an Agile team environment distributed across US and India.
- End to end understanding of the core platform for customer facing engagement from a technical stand point.
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Collaborate with Product Managers on feature definition
- Translate product requirements into system design
- Lead the product execution effort by working with various functional groups
- Solicit design feedback from other engineering teams
- Communicate design to engineers and QA who are a part of our global engineering team
- Perform code review and enforce best practices
- Write modular, efficient and testable code
- Production support – unix based platforms
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field (Master’s Degree preferred)
- 10+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and Object Oriented design
- Expertise in Core Java and J2EE technologies such as Spring Boot and Hibernate
- Experience designing REST APIs and software components
- Experience with database design, both SQL and No-SQL
- Experience with microservices, service discovery frameworks, service availability and failover.
- Strong understanding of message brokers such as ActiveMQ
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong work ethic
- Agile/Scrum experience
MobiTV is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
Principals only please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to MobiTV. No phone calls please