SBC Advertising is seeking a production artist with 2+ years of experience to join the creative services department.
The production artist role involves finalizing print materials and creating presentation materials for a wide variety of clients, working closely with art directors to achieve professionally produced layouts, print and presentation materials.
- Finalize print materials and create presentation materials for a wide variety of clients
- Make creative / content updates to project files based on internal and / or client feedback
- Work closely with Art Directors to achieve professionally produced layouts, print and presentation materials
- Maintain production, design and process standards of the highest quality
- Improves and modifies files and formats to increase quality of production and ensure standards are met.
- Checks typographic elements for optimal value – employing appropriate kerning, tracking and word spacing; proper set up, and use of styles and master page elements
- Ensure accuracy of files, performing QA steps to check for proper font, color, logo, and separations in adherence to brand standards and project specifications.
- Evaluation and modification of project imagery as needed
- Creates folder structure and names files and supporting art according to standards
- Manage project timelines and workload effectively.
- Archiving and / or distribution of completed files
- As appropriate, suggests and develops processes that outline, “best practice” for file set-up / design layout, workflow, and computer program use.
- Associate degree in related field or equivalent combination of experience. Four year print design related degree preferred
- 2-3 years production/design experience, preferably in an agency environment
- Proficient in the latest Macintosh operating systems and desktop publishing software, with advanced level experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong prioritization and interpersonal skills to balance multiple demands. Ability to grasp new concepts quickly, an extreme attention to detail and strong communication skills
Experience using digital asset management systems a plus
What kind of place is this? We were recently named “Best Columbus Ad Agency” (9th consecutive year!), as well as “Best Columbus Employer (under 500 people)” by CEO Magazine. Our clients span multiple categories but with an important commonality – an appreciation for our retail-driven approach to solving marketing problems. It’s a place where talented people grow and thrive for decades, sometimes even entire careers. We work hard together. Play hard together. And we do it in a high-energy environment in Columbus’ downtown Arena District.