VP of Business Development
SBC Advertising is looking for an experienced vp of business development responsible for revenue growth and spearheading new business initiatives to support company growth. This role will collaborate with agency leadership to develop a sustainable revenue growth strategy, identify new business opportunities, prospect, initiate and maintain new business partnerships and provide thought-leadership to key clients and stakeholders, while working with agency leadership to convert opportunities.
- Directs and manages significant business development pitches, responds to RFIs and RFPs, assembles & manages team and sees pitches through to successful conclusion.
- Gains a deep understanding of the organization’s capabilities to help develop and articulate a compelling value proposition.
- Develops BD Strategy – customized story, verticals, target brands and revenue forecasts.
- Manages BD Operations to include the creation and updating of sales/response documentation, capabilities decks, pitch deck templates, proposal templates, marketing messaging and website messaging.
- Proactively targets and develops relationships with key industry prospects, watches the marketplace for opportunities the agency can pursue.
- Attends industry conferences and networking opportunities, as beneficial to the agency.
- Communicates innovative industry opportunities and trends to leadership in order to best position the company for success.
- Understands a customer’s unique needs and business models to negotiate deal structures and contracts to close integrated opportunities.
- 15+ years relevant experience, with 2+ at Executive level
- Agency experience preferred
- Retail experience required
- Experience leading (and winning) relationship level new business
- Thrives in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment
- Ambitious, hungry, self-starter with a passion for collaboration
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a presentation/deck ninja
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a four-year accredited college or university
Position offers a competitive base salary, plus commission.
What kind of place is this? We were recently named “Best Columbus Ad Agency” (ninth consecutive year!), as well as “Best Columbus Employer (under 500 people)” by CEO Magazine. Our clients span multiple categories but with an important commonality – an appreciation for our retail-driven approach to solving marketing problems. It’s a place where talented people grow and thrive for decades, sometimes even entire careers. We work hard together. Play hard together. And we do it in a high-energy environment in Columbus’ downtown Arena District.