Chief Creative Officer
|# of Openings:||1|
Chief Creative Officer
Think. Solve. Create.
Our Chief Creative Officer is the principal creative lead, responsible for shaping the creative strategies for a wide range of retail, CPG, Healthcare and Franchise clients; and managing, inspiring and motivating a talented team of Creative Directors, Art Directors, Designers, Copywriters and Production Artists to create work of the highest caliber.
The Chief Creative Officer will be expected to manage the team to milestones while simultaneously pushing for innovative concepts and solutions. Able to toggle between establishing high-level creative vision and getting hands dirty when deadlines are down to the wire. To stretch problem-solving to its limits without losing sight of our user’s priorities and our client’s goals and budgets.
The Chief Creative Officer is the linchpin in ensuring the experiences we create and the messages we put in front of consumers resonate, inspire and activate.
The Chief Creative Officer is also a key leader within the agency, championing Creative while advocating and ensuring seamless integration across all departments. He or she will also be expected to represent all things creative with clients and agency partners on a regular basis.
· Clearly communicating and holding team members to a strong, user-first creative vision and standards.
· Leading creative concept and execution across a full range of screen sizes and digital touch points.
· Overseeing and coaching directors, designers and copywriters of varying levels of experience.
· Overseeing multiple projects simultaneously from concept through execution.
· Providing clear, actionable direction and timely feedback to ensure projects stay on schedule and on budget, while maintaining creative integrity.
· Win confidence of his or her team and give a sense of ownership and pride in the work we do.
· Setting team members up to succeed while encouraging them to continue to grow.
· Continually encouraging collaboration in concept and in practice, strategy, front-end and back-end development, project management & account service.
· Contributing to agency knowledge bank by staying abreast of, honing and communicating Creative best practices through both written and verbal communications.
· Actively participating in new business strategic development, ideation and presentation as we continue to grow the agency.
· Actively participating in department and agency planning, staff reviews, career path development and other team lead-oriented functions.
· Minimum of 10 years of marketing or advertising experience, preferably agency experience in retailer promotions
· Mastery of applicable Mac software programs
· A well-rounded portfolio of client work, demonstrating a strong understanding of client objectives and strategies
· Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills with proven persuasive skills with clients
· Sound decision-making skills based in agency, client, and industry knowledge
· Passion for business and not satisfied with status quo – always thinking of ways to improve/grow assigned client/business
· Motivational leadership, inspiring cross functional teams to deliver top performance against assigned business
· Dynamic, creative personality effectively engaging and influencing a variety of audiences
· Experience with a world-class advertising agency or internal corporate agency
· Unwavering dedication to craft from idea to execution
· Have strong bias for action in a fast-paced environment, ever evolving environment
· Curiosity to dig several layers deep into success metrics, have an innate desire to understand key drivers
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results on creative projects, and history of establishing effective creative development processes
· Demonstrated business acumen, including experience of budgeting and resourcing
· Self-motivated team player, with refined and assertive leadership skills
· The ability to influence others to set and achieve goals and deadlines
· Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business and user interaction priorities
· Demonstrated experience managing creative processes through external ad agencies, internal teams and freelancers
· Exceptional communication, collaboration and presentation skills
· Decent level of experience at an agency in
· Client contact
· Client presentations
· Needs to be able to sell a concept to client
· Think creatively at a high-level and channel creative direction through team to hit executional milestones
· Professional but tough and a nurturing side – cannot lead with iron mallet
· Open to change and willing to aid in change initiative
· Fit in to agency culture and personality – better work you do, more fun you can have
· Business acumen
· Fiscally responsible
· Good people management skills
· Big collaborator – not looking to endorse silos; client relationships are big
· Creative vision that can be executed and tough skin
What kind of place is this? We were recently named “Best Columbus Ad Agency” (ninth consecutive year!), as well as “Best Columbus Employer (under 500 people)” by CEO Magazine. Our clients span multiple categories but with an important commonality – an appreciation for our retail-driven approach to solving marketing problems. It’s a place where talented people grow and thrive for decades, sometimes even entire careers. We work hard together. Play hard together. And we do it in a high-energy environment in Columbus’ downtown Arena District.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results