Project Head, Blockchain And Distributed Ledger Technology
|# of openings:||1|
BLOCKCHAIN AND DISTRIBUTED LEDGER TECHNOLOGY
The World Economic Forum Center for the Fourth Industrial Revolution (the “Center”) in San Francisco is looking for a Project Head for the Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology Project.
The Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology Project aims to shape multistakeholder cooperation on this new technology in two important respects:
• Organize a process of international public-private dialogue and research to identify key areas where greater cooperation among key actors in the field and other stakeholders, such as governments, NGOs, international organizations and other industries could be helpful, including with respect to the development of standards and norms.
• Through multistakeholder dialogue and research, bring blockchain experts and actors together with communities working on specific global and regional public good challenges for the purpose of helping to identify areas in which the technology could advance progress such challenges and to catalyse concrete partnerships.
The Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology Project is cross-cutting and has the potential to cooperate with several Forum System Initiatives. The Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology Project Head will lead the Project and the team aligned to the Project, and report to the Forum’s Executive Committee member responsible for Financial Initiatives. The position is based in San Francisco.
Duties and Responsibilities
Take a leadership role in the following phases of the project:
• Select, engage and coordinate public and private partners from industry, government, academia, international organizations and civil society in the initiation, leadership and management of the project, and governing bodies;
• Define the issue(s) and policy-related questions to be investigated on blockchain, factors influencing it, set the goals for the project, establish clear evaluation criteria on the project;
• Drive mapping of already existing work on blockchain and define cooperation gaps that should be addressed through the Project, including through consultation with the Forum’s Blockchain Global Future Council as well as its Disruptive Innovation in Financial Services community and team;
• Drive effective project delivery, integration and coordination, through a highly collaborative approach and effective resourcing, budgeting, project and process management, communication and reporting;
• Manage direct and virtual teams;
• Support and deliver the project review and approval by sponsors and project review committees;
• Drive the deployment and utilisation of transformation maps and digital interactive space for the Core and Project communities, leverage data and digital objects for tracking progress.
Depending on the phase of the project, the role will entail a combination of the above or more focus on certain responsibilities.
Qualifications and Skills
• Masters (or higher) degree in Public Policy Management or similar fields
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in private or public sector, with relevant experience in blockchain and distributed ledger technology-related topics
• Ability to design and drive medium to large-scale project design and delivery
• Successful experience in engaging global leaders from the private and/or public sector
• Ability to quickly develop a meaningful perspective on internal and external issues that have organisational impact
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and motivate high performing, virtual teams through volatility, uncertainty, complexity, risk and ambiguity
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
• Excellent verbal and written language skills in English; verbal proficiency in other languages would be an asset.
• Proficient with recent digital platforms
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results