Project Head, Internet of Things (IOT)
|# of openings:||1|
INTERNET OF THINGS (IOT)
The World Economic Forum Center for the Fourth Industrial Revolution (the “Center”) in San Francisco is looking for a Project Head for the Internet of Things Project.
Internet of Things is already impacting governments, enterprises, institutions, and individuals in multiple ways, and will have increasingly complex and far-reaching consequences in the coming years. The Internet of Things Project aims to create policy and governance frameworks that will be piloted by governments and other stakeholders around the world in order to shape the trajectory of emerging technologies so that they benefit society.
The Project Head will lead the Project and the team aligned to the Project (3 to 5 people), and report to the Head of Technology Policy and Partnerships, working closely with the Forum System Initiative on Shaping the Future of Digital Economy and Society. The Project Head will facilitate collaboration across other Center projects such as autonomous vehicles, civilian use of drones, environment, artificial intelligence and machine learning, digital trade and cross border data flows, and blockchain. The Project Head will facilitate engagement across the Forum's existing global communities of business executives, leading academicians from the world's top research universities, government officials, start-up community, media, civil society organizations, social entrepreneurs, and Center Partners which include salesforce, Microsoft, Kaiser Permanente, SAP, Palantir, Huawei, IDEO, Reliance Industries, and Turkcell. The position is based in San Francisco.
Duties and Responsibilities
Take a leadership role in the following phases of the project:
• Drive global survey and mapping of already existing work on Internet of Things and define gaps in current policy frameworks
• Define the issue(s) and policy-related questions to be investigated on Internet of Things, identify clear opportunities for impact, set the goals for the project, and establish clear evaluation criteria
• Utilizing user-centered design, lead the development of policy and governance frameworks and the deployment of pilots with partner governments and other stakeholders
• Select, engage, and coordinate public and private partners from industry, government, academia, international organizations and civil society in the initiation, leadership and management of the project
• Drive effective project delivery, integration, and coordination, through a highly collaborative approach and effective resourcing, budgeting, project and process management, communication, and reporting
• Manage in-person and virtual teams
• Support and deliver the project review and approval by sponsors and project review committees
• Drive the deployment and utilisation of digital interactive tools for project communities
Depending on the phase of the project, the role will entail a combination of the above or more focus on certain responsibilities.
Qualifications and Skills
• Masters (or higher) degree in Public Policy Management, technology, or similar fields
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in private or public sector, including working on relevant Internet of Things related topics
• Experience crafting public policy on Internet of Things (such as regulations, standards, guidelines or other policy tools), ideally inside government
• Deep knowledge of the IOT ecosystem, including key governing bodies, decision makers, and scholars
• Proven track record on thought leadership regarding Internet of Things, including published articles, speeches/presentations in international forums, and conference participation
• Comfort driving entrepreneurial projects, starting new teams, and identifying opportunities for impact in crowded spaces
• Ability to design and drive medium to large-scale project design and delivery
• Successful experience in engaging global leaders from the private and/or public sector
• Ability to quickly develop a meaningful perspective on internal and external issues that have organisational impact
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and motivate high performing, dispersed teams through volatility, uncertainty, complexity, risk and ambiguity
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
• Excellent verbal and written language skills in English; verbal proficiency in other languages would be an asset.
• Proficient with recent digital platforms
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results