Project Lead, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
|# of openings:||1|
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND MACHINE LEARNING
The World Economic Forum Center for the Fourth Industrial Revolution (the “Center”) in San Francisco is looking for a Project Lead for the Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Project.
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are already impacting governments, enterprises, institutions, and individuals in multiple ways, and will have increasingly complex and far-reaching consequences in the coming years. The Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Project aims to create policy and governance frameworks that will be piloted by governments and other stakeholders around the world in order to shape the trajectory of emerging technologies so that they benefit society.
The Project Lead will work with the Project Head to define and progress the Project and the team aligned to the Project (3 to 5 people), working closely with the Forum System Initiative on Shaping the Future of Digital Economy and Society. The Project Lead will help facilitate collaboration across other Center projects such as autonomous vehicles, civilian use of drones, environment, Internet of Things (IoT), digital trade and cross border data flows, and blockchain. The Project Lead will help to facilitate engagement across the Forum's existing global communities of business executives, leading academicians from the world's top research universities, government officials, start-up community, media, civil society organizations, social entrepreneurs, and Center Partners which include salesforce, Microsoft, Kaiser Permanente, SAP, Palantir, Huawei, IDEO, Reliance Industries, and Turkcell. The position is based in San Francisco.
This position will also assist in leadership of the Forum’s Digital Protocol Network on Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things & the Future of Trust, one of the Center’s multistakeholder and transnational working groups that develops non-binding policy and policy implementation frameworks on critical digital economy issues. The Project Lead will be part of the broader Digital Protocol Networks team and will be a key contributor to the successful development and deployment of the Digital Protocol Networks strategy across all World Economic Forum projects and activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
In each phase of the project help to:
• Drive global survey and mapping of already existing work on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and define gaps in current policy frameworks
• Define the issue(s) and policy-related questions to be investigated on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, identify clear opportunities for impact, set the goals for the project, and establish clear evaluation criteria
• Utilizing user-centered design, lead the development of policy and governance frameworks and the deployment of pilots with partner governments and other stakeholders
• Select, engage, and coordinate public and private partners from industry, government, academia, international organizations and civil society in the initiation, leadership and management of the project
• Drive effective project delivery, integration, and coordination, through a highly collaborative approach and effective resourcing, budgeting, project and process management, communication, and reporting
• Manage in-person and virtual teams
• Support and deliver the project review and approval by sponsors and project review committees
• Drive the deployment and utilisation of digital interactive tools for project communities
Depending on the phase of the project, the role will entail a combination of the above or more focus on certain responsibilities.
Qualifications and Skills
• Masters (or higher) degree in Public Policy Management, Artificial Intelligence or other technology, or similar fields
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in private or public sector, including working on or consulting on relevant Artificial Intelligence related topics
• Experience crafting public policy on Artificial Intelligence (such as regulations, standards, guidelines or other policy tools), ideally inside or with governments or global organizations
• Deep knowledge of the Artificial Intelligence ecosystem, including key governing bodies, decision makers, and scholars
• Proven track record on thought leadership regarding Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, including published articles, speeches/presentations in international forums, and conference participation
• Comfort driving entrepreneurial projects, starting new teams, and identifying opportunities for impact in crowded spaces
• Ability to design and drive medium to large-scale project design and delivery
• Successful experience in engaging global leaders from the private and/or public sector
• Ability to quickly develop a meaningful perspective on internal and external issues that have organisational impact
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and motivate high performing, dispersed teams through volatility, uncertainty, complexity, risk and ambiguity
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
• Excellent verbal and written language skills in English; verbal proficiency in other languages would be an asset
• Proficient with recent digital platforms
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results