Project Lead, Blockchain And Distributed Ledger Technology
|# of openings:||1|
BLOCKCHAIN AND DISTRIBUTED LEDGER TECHNOLOGY
The World Economic Forum Center for the Fourth Industrial Revolution (the “Center”) in San Francisco is looking for a Project Team Member for the Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology Project.
The Project aims to shape multistakeholder cooperation on blockchain and distributed ledger technology in two important respects:
• Organize a process of international public-private dialogue and research to identify key areas where greater cooperation among key actors in the field and other stakeholders, such as governments, NGOs, international organizations and other industries could be helpful, including with respect to the development of standards and norms.
• Through multistakeholder dialogue and research, bring blockchain experts and actors together with communities working on specific global and regional public good challenges for the purpose of helping to identify areas in which the technology could advance progress such challenges and to catalyse concrete partnerships.
The Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology Project sits across several System Initiatives. The Project Lead will be part of the Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology Project team (2 to 4 people) and contribute to the successful delivery of the Project; he/she will report to the Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology Project Head. The position is based in San Francisco.
Duties and Responsibilities
Support the Project team through the following phases:
• Help define the long-term strategy and overall thought leadership on blockchain and distributed ledger technology;
• Plan and facilitate meetings with the expert group;
• Act as catalyst and driving force in bringing stakeholders in developing content, moving from decision making to defining action plans;
• Work with partner organizations to develop goals and roadmaps with key milestones and expected outcomes;
• Track and communicate progress for the Core and Project communities, through the use of digital interactive space and digital objects.
Depending on the phase of the project, the role will entail a combination of the above or more focus on certain responsibilities.
Qualifications and Skills
• Masters (or higher) degree in Public Policy Management or similar fields
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in private or public sector, including working on the relevant blockchain and distributed ledger technology related topics
• Strong interest in blockchain-related topics
• Ability to develop a good understanding of the blockchain-related issues, how they are linked and impact each other
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills
• Demonstrated ability to work across different cultures and with high level officials and executives
• Excellent command of spoken and written English. Proficiency in other languages is a plus
• Ability to work in a dynamic and flexible organizational structure
• Proficient with recent digital platforms
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results