Project Head, Autonomous Vehicles and Mobility
|# of openings:||1|
AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES AND MOBILITY
The World Economic Forum Center for the Fourth Industrial Revolution (the “Center”) in San Francisco is looking for a Project Head for Autonomous Vehicles and Mobility Project.
Through the support of a public-private and civil society platform, this project will help advancing the global governance for autonomous vehicles, incl. practical policy frameworks, regulatory and legal principles, standardization and education of the public to help decision makers, industry and society keep pace with this rapidly evolving technology. The project builds on findings and recommendations emerging from a number of cities around the world where autonomous vehicle pilot projects are being tested, including a project in the city of Boston in collaboration with the World Economic Forum.
The Autonomous Vehicles and Mobility Project is part of the Forum System Initiative Shaping the Future of Mobility. The Project Head will lead the project and the team, and report to the Head of the Shaping the Future of Mobility System Initiative. The position is based in San Francisco.
Duties and Responsibilities
Take a leadership role in the following phases of the project:
• Select, engage and coordinate public and private partners from industry, government, academia, international organizations and civil society in the initiation, leadership and management of the project, and governing bodies
• Initiate and sustain a dialogue with the existing ecosystem of local and regional initiatives working on related governance issues
• Define the issue(s) and policy-related questions to be investigated on the use of autonomous vehicles for mobility, factors influencing it, set the goals for the project, establish clear evaluation criteria on the project
• Drive effective project delivery, integration and coordination, through a highly collaborative approach and effective resourcing, budgeting, project and process management, communication and reporting
• Manage direct and virtual teams
• Support and deliver the project review and approval by sponsors and project review committees
• Drive the deployment and utilisation of transformation maps and digital interactive space for the Core and Project communities, leverage data and digital objects for tracking progress
Depending on the phase of the project, the role will entail a combination of the above or more focus on certain responsibilities.
Qualifications and Skills
• Masters (or higher) degree in Public Policy Management, Engineering, Business Administration, Economics or similar fields
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in private or public sector, including relevant experience in mobility and/or technology policy
• Ability to design and drive medium to large-scale project design and delivery
• Successful experience in engaging global senior leaders from the private and/or public sector
• Ability to quickly develop a meaningful perspective on internal and external issues that have organisational impact
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and motivate high performing, virtual teams through volatility, uncertainty, complexity, risk and ambiguity
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
• Excellent verbal and written language skills in English; verbal proficiency in other languages would be an asset.
• Proficient with recent digital platforms
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results