Project Lead, Autonomous Vehicles and Mobility
|# of openings:||1|
AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES AND MOBILITY
The World Economic Forum Center for the Fourth Industrial Revolution (the “Center”) in San Francisco is looking for a Project Lead for Autonomous Vehicles and Mobility Project.
Through the support of a public-private and civil society platform, this project will help advancing the global governance for autonomous vehicles, incl. practical policy frameworks, regulatory and legal principles, standardization and education of the public to help decision makers, industry and society keep pace with this rapidly evolving technology. The project builds on findings and recommendations emerging from a number of cities around the world where autonomous vehicle pilot projects are being tested, including a project in the city of Boston in collaboration with the World Economic Forum.
The Autonomous Vehicles and Mobility Project is part of the Forum System Initiative Shaping the Future of Mobility. The Project Lead will be part of the Autonomous Vehicles and Mobility Project team and contribute to the successful delivery of the Project, he/she will report to the Project Head. The position is based in San Francisco.
Duties and Responsibilities
Support the Project team through the following phases:
• Help define the long-term strategy, scope and overall thought leadership of the project
• Plan and facilitate meetings with the expert group
• Work with partner organizations to develop goals and roadmaps with key milestones and expected outcomes
• Execute on the milestones and agreed deliverables including research and analysis, interviews, surveys and modelling/simulation as required
• Liaise across the organization to ensure effective coordination and integration with other Forum projects and regional efforts
• Drive analysis and synthesize project findings and insights
• Strengthen the physical and digital project platform to promote a continuous exchange on the project’s activities and progress, lessons learned and opportunities for collaboration with Forum members and constituents
• Track and communicate progress for the Core and Project communities, through the use of digital interactive space and digital objects
• Drive the deployment and use of Forum transformation maps and other digital platforms and tools to support community engagement and project delivery
Depending on the phase of the project, the role will entail a combination of the above or more focus on certain responsibilities.
Qualifications and Skills
• Masters (or higher) degree in Public Policy Management, Engineering, Business Administration, Economics or similar fields
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in private or public sector, including relevant experience in mobility and/or technology policy
• Strong interest for Technology-related topics
• Ability to develop a good understanding of the Autonomous Vehicle policy issues, how they are linked and impact each other
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills
• Demonstrated ability to work across different cultures and with high level officials and executives
• Excellent command of spoken and written English. Proficiency in other languages is a plus
• Ability to work in a dynamic and flexible organizational structure
• Proficient with recent digital platforms
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results