Head of Data Policy
|# of openings:||1|
HEAD OF DATA POLICY
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
In the context of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, the Forum opened the World Economic Forum Center for the Fourth industrial Revolution in San Francisco in February 2017. It will serve as a public-private platform to help develop the guiding principles, models and frameworks that can facilitate the fast and inclusive adoption of new technologies for positive social and global impact.
The Forum is looking for a Head of Data Policy, based in San Francisco and reporting to Center leadership, who will play a lead role in guiding the manner in which data-related challenges and opportunities are tackled across the Center’s portfolio of international multistakeholder projects and teams, which aim to: a) Facilitate dialogue and guide development of norms relating to emerging technologies; and b) Catalyze partnerships to apply such technologies more widely to global and national public good challenges.
The Head of Data Policy will guide work on data governance, security, privacy, and innovation across the Center’s projects on topics including artificial intelligence and machine learning, internet of things (IOT), autonomous vehicles, civilian use of drones, environment, digital trade and cross border data flows, and blockchain. This person will also facilitate engagement across the Forum's existing global communities of business executives, leading academicians from the world's top research universities, government officials, start-up community, media, civil society organizations, social entrepreneurs, and Center Partners, which include salesforce, Microsoft, Kaiser Permanente, SAP, Palantir, Huawei, IDEO, Reliance Industries and Turkcell.
This person will be a part of the Center’s leadership team and will coordinate with the Forum’s Initiative, Industry, and Regional teams on related matters.
The position will be based in San Francisco, with an effective start date by 31 August 2017, at the latest.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with the Center’s ten project teams to curate and drive a series of multistakeholder dialogues that explore the normative challenges and public-private partnership opportunities for data-related issues in the context of the Fourth Industrial Revolution
• Utilizing user-centered design, develop and coordinate the management of multistakeholder projects and/or processes that shape governance frameworks or catalyze partnerships to address data-related industry and societal challenges
• Support the Forum’s regional engagement teams in their efforts to engage governments and other constituents in the Center’s activities and projects and pilot them at the national, regional, or local level
• Work with the Forum’s Systems Initiative and Industry teams to capture content and community-building synergies inherent in the Forum’s work on the Fourth Industrial Revolution
• Where relevant, oversee and drive specific projects series relating to data policy
Qualifications and Skills
• Relevant master’s or doctoral degree (preferred)
• Minimum 15 years’ professional experience, including leadership roles involving public-private cooperation; government experience is a plus
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of policy issues and policy-making processes in different contexts. Experience related to data and technology related issues is necessary.
• Demonstrated ability to direct applied research projects
• Willingness to work in a start-up dynamic environment where the outcomes are more important than reporting structures and team sizes
• Outstanding verbal and written language skills in English; verbal proficiency in other languages would be an asset
If you meet these requirements, please apply online.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results