TALENT ACQUISITION AND DEVELOPMENT LEAD
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The Talent Acquisition and Development Lead will drive the recruitment of high quality talent and provide professional HR advice to the leadership team of the Forum’s newly-created Center for the Fourth Industrial Revolution in San Francisco, whose mission is to work with governments, private sector and civil society leaders to shape the trajectory of emerging technologies for the benefit of society.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and execute end-to-end talent acquisition strategies that ensure the quality of the candidate experience, strengthens the recruitment brand, and is responsive to the overall programmatic and operational requirements of the Center
- Work closely with the HR team in New York to provide seamless talent acquisition across Forum USA
- Assess the Center’s Talent Acquisition service and identify areas for optimization and alignment across the hiring planning, sourcing, selection, and offer processes
- Develop networks, in collaboration with the Programming Team, and showcase the work of the Forum and of the Center to broaden the Center’s access to talent especially in the local labor market
- Administer employee relocation and on-boarding processes, HRIS systems and employment records, and statutory and employer-sponsored benefits
- Serve as primary point of contact for employee relations issues, and coordinate with the global Forum HR team on conflict resolution, learning and development, performance management, and promotion processes for San Francisco employees
- Align existing Forum HR policies and practices to the needs of the Center and ensure that these are consistent with local and state regulatory/legislative employment requirements
- Advise management and staff on a range of HR issues (e.g. recruitment, employee relations, compensation) and recommend appropriate strategies/approaches that are consistent with established World Economic Forum policies and regulatory/legislative requirements.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field (e.g. human resource management, psychology, social sciences)
- Specialized experience in the management of end-to-end recruitment processes, ideally in a multinational/matrix organization
- General professional human resources experience, including familiarity with onboarding, employee relations, benefits administration, performance management, and training and development
- Developed knowledge of San Francisco and California employment practices and regulatory frameworks
- Ability to handle confidential/sensitive information in a tactful and diplomatic manner
- Ability to work autonomously and independently; navigate ambiguity and thrive in a start-up environment; and to effectively prioritize competing tasks from a variety of sources
- Sound judgment and independent thinker who knows when to escalate issues
- Excellent time management and organizational skills