HOSPITALITY & EVENT SPECIALIST
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation. The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas. In the context of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, the Forum opened the World Economic Forum Center for the Fourth industrial Revolution in San Francisco in February 2017. The Center serves as a public-private platform to help develop the guiding principles, models and frameworks that can facilitate the fast and inclusive adoption of new technologies for positive social and global impact.
The Hospitality & Event Specialist will manage and assist in the events taking place in the Center for the Fourth Industrial Revolution, as well as other Forum events taking place in San Francisco.
Duties and responsibilities
- Align Hospitality and Event Operations processes in San Francisco according to the Forum policies and Forum’s best practices
- Ensure that the key deliverables for meetings are delivered according to deadlines and within budget
- Coordinate logistics arrangements for staff travelling to meetings
- Coordinate participant and staff transport needs and organise related signage
- Arrange internal meetings as well as external meetings with providers
- Manage session room logistics internally and externally
- Provide administrative support and coordinate the production of internal documents
- Manage catering requirements, rental equipment, insurance requirements and conference room set up
- Collaborate with IT and HR teams to help staff joining and leaving the Forum
- Airport set up, including immigration lines, welcome desks and protocol for VIP participants as needed
- Collaborate with Global Programming Team on event programme grids
- Establish staff and participants admission policy; manage quotas, collaboration and communication with internal teams across the Forum
Qualifications and skills
- University education with an undergraduate degree, or equivalent in hotel management
- Two to three years of experience in hospitality, event management and operations logistics in a multicultural environment
- Team player with excellent organizational, analytical, planning and communication skills (verbal and written), able to work independently
- Fluent in English and at least in one other language such as Spanish or French
- Very good command of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good knowledge of database management (Salesforce a plus)
Please note: Relocation or visa support is not available for this position.