Senior Editor, Marlin
Bonnier’s Fishing Group is seeking a full-time senior editor for Marlin. This position is based at the company’s headquarters in Winter Park, FL, and reports to the editor of Marlin.
- Assist the editor in planning and assigning features in the magazine, along with integrating content with digital platforms.
- Interact with our regular contributors and help grow the base of freelance writers and photographers.
- Manage all front-of-the-book magazine content, from planning and assigning to editing and writing.
- Participate in monthly production: copyediting, proofreading, and design.
- Plan and take associated trips to fishing destinations for feature assignments, after clearing said assignments with the editor.
- Oversee the assignment and development of content for Marlin’s digital platforms including web, social media and video.
- Be the liaison between the edit team and specialized support teams to maintain digital best practices across platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field
- Strong writing, editing and photography skills
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InCopy, InDesign and Photoshop)
- A basic knowledge of offshore big-game fishing techniques and familiarity with the equipment used in the sport. This includes tackle, boats, electronics and accessories.
- Ability to accurately identify a variety of offshore big-game species
- Experience with web content management systems
- Experience with digital content production, video production and social media
- A willingness to travel and a passion for big-game fishing
- Ability to test and write about inboard diesel sport-fishing boats is highly desirable