Associate Editor, Sport Fishing
Bonnier’s Fishing Group is seeking a full-time associate editor for Sport Fishing. This position is based at the company's headquarters in Winter Park, FL and reports to the editor in chief of Sport Fishing.
- Assist the editor in chief in planning and assigning features in the magazine, along with integrating content with digital platforms.
- Interact with our regular contributors and help grow the base of freelance writers and photographers.
- Research and write specific departments each issue; find photos and assign art as necessary.
- Produce/post original and print-to-digital content on the brand’s web site.
- Visit specific fishing destinations to get photos/video (and at times oversee photography/videography) and information for writing print and digital features, galleries, contributing to stock-photo archive and where possible reinforcing industry relationships.
- Contribute to the development of content for Sport Fishing’s digital platforms including web, social media and video.
- Assist as a liaison between the edit team and specialized support teams to maintain digital best practices across platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field
- Strong writing, editing and photography skills
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InCopy, InDesign and Photoshop)
- A basic knowledge of inshore and offshore fishing techniques and familiarity with the equipment used in the sport. This includes tackle, boats, electronics and accessories.
- Experience with web content management systems
- Experience with digital content production, video production and social media
- A willingness to travel and a passion for saltwater fishing