This position supports the Office of Student Services by planning, developing and administering career-related programs for prospective students and current students and trainees. This position will also assist with the provision of academic support programs and activities, as well as services intended to foster health and wellness within Baylor’s student population. In collaboration with Faculty Development, Academic Units and Leadership, work in collaboration with the Assistant Director of Student Services, the Director of Career Development and the Associate Provost for Student Services to address the following:
- Assist in the implementation of academic support programs that respond to student and trainee professional development needs across degree programs and major areas of study, and that are culturally appropriate and inclusive.
- Support school and program efforts to provide academic support and career advising by providing access to resources.
- Provide individual goal-focused career advising to assist students explore career opportunities, prepare application materials and successfully navigate their transitions in to diverse life science careers.
- Assist with Student Services orientations and presentations to prospective students and those who are participating in our non-degree granting programs at BCM.
- Assist in compiling individual advising data for annual reporting to institutional stakeholders and analysis of data trends to inform future programming.
- Assist in facilitation of professional skills workshops.
- Support efforts to ensure that the portfolio of programs meets requirements of accreditation and funding agencies.
- Master's degree in Education, Counseling, Business or other related field is required.
- Prior experience with advising adult learners (e.g. career and/or academic).
- Three years' experience working with graduate students in science or health professions.
- Proven success in the ability to collaborate with all administrative levels within higher education, and the ability to work effectively with students and faculty.
- Experience in successfully working in a diverse, complex, fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of career paths (both academic and non-academic) preferred.
- Accomplished and effective communicator: superior written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, group presentation skills, and proven ability to work with diverse constituencies.
This position reports to the Assistant Director of Student Services and the Career Development Center’s Director within the Office of Student Services.
We invite you to learn more about our competitive and comprehensive benefits.