The Department of Medicine –Endocrinology is seeking a highly-qualified physician with expertise in clinical care related to treatment of type 1 diabetes and other endocrine disorders.
Assignments include to:
• Provide clinical care for patients with type 1 diabetes, as well as other endocrine and metabolic illnesses.
• Provide high quality, safe, evidence based, efficient, and patient-centered care.
• Attend EPIC EMR training and follow Faculty Group Practice policies for use of the EMR, Meaningful Use, closing patient encounters, and required documentation.
• When applicable, adhere to clinical care guidelines, algorithms and pathways for diabetes and endocrinology patients as determined by BCM.
• Participate in identifying patients eligible for active clinical trials in the Section.
• Participate in implementing quality improvement initiatives.
• Participate in the Section’s education activities either in person, via video conference, or webcasts.
• Participate in all of the Section’s faculty meetings.
• Minimum Education: M.D. or equivalent, or MD/PhD
• Minimum Certification/Licensure: Licensed by the Texas Medical Board