Pediatrics - Hematology/Oncology, McAllen, TX
The Department of Pediatrics – Hematology/Oncology is seeking a qualified candidate.
Scope of practice:
- Manages outpatient and inpatient care for Pediatric Hematology and Oncology patients in a community hospital setting.
- Covers inpatient care as part of a rotation consisting of the physicians located at the specified hospital.
- Inpatient care will consist of daily rounds and work of the day, covering phone calls from hospital staff in the evening and coming in at night for acute needs as deemed necessary.
- Manages phone calls from parents via page operator in the evening/weekends/holidays.
- Performs procedures (bone marrow, lumbar puncture) on patients as indicated.
- Availability of subspecialty backup and consultation exists via physicians at Texas Children’s Hospital Main Campus.
- M.D. or equivalent degree
- Board certified or board eligible for Pediatric Hematology-Oncology boards
- Prior to employment start date must obtain Texas Medical License and Drug Enforcement Administration registration
- Spanish language fluency preferred