Texas Children's Hospital is looking for qualified BE/BC PEM faculty.
The Emergency Medicine Section of the Department of Pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine, in association with the Texas Children’s Hospital (TCH), is seeking pediatric emergency medicine (PEM) physicians interested in full-time clinical positions at one of our community sites in Houston, Katy and The Woodlands, Texas.
The Section provides PEM coverage to:
- TCH Medical Center, the largest free-standing pediatric quaternary care hospital in the country with over 75,000 Emergency Center (EC) visits/year (65% are ESI acuity 1-3);
- TCH West Campus, which opened in 2011 as a suburban free- standing pediatric tertiary care hospital with over 40,000 visits/year (45% are ESI acuity 1-3);
- St Luke’s The Woodlands Community Hospital, with over 15,000 pediatric visits/year. We are also in the process of building our 3rd free-standing children’s hospital in The Woodlands – it is on schedule to open its doors April 2017 – see below bullet; and
- Texas Children’s The Woodlands Hospital is scheduled to open outpatient services in fall 2016 and inpatient (EC)/patient care services in spring 2017. Located 35 miles north of the Medical Center Campus, The Woodlands Hospital will have 32 acute care beds, 28 intensive care beds, 25 emergency rooms, 4 operating rooms, and 12 radiology rooms (including 2 MRIs). Patient volume and acuity in the first three years are projected to reach numbers similar to or greater than the West Campus. Below is a link to the Woodlands website which has content on the future hospital and the Woodlands community. http://texaschildrenspeople.org/the-woodlands/
Collectively, we care for over 130,000 children, annually. Houston is a business hub and the most culturally diverse city in the country with a 3% population growth rate last year. We are looking for faculty at the junior and mid-career level with clinical interests. Qualified applicants must be BC/BE in Pediatric Emergency Medicine. We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package. We do offer salary incentives for qualified applicants who are willing to focus their clinical practice at one of our community sites.
Interested candidates must complete this employment application and are encouraged to direct inquiries to: Paul Sirbaugh, DO, MBA Head, Emergency Medicine Section, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine,; email@example.com or Deborah Hsu, MD, MEd, Chief, Clinical Services; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Baylor College of Medicine is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/equal access employer.
- Minimum Education: M.D. or equivalent.
- Minimum Certification/Licensure: Licensed by the Texas Medical Board.