Framestore's New York office are looking for a Lead Systems Engineer to join our global technology team.
The Lead Systems Engineer provides technical direction, supervision and mentoring to the members of the local systems team and non technical departments.
- Work in partnership with Global Head of Technology, Global Facilities Director and other technology leads to provide input into Integrated Advertising technology plan and capex planning.
- Manage the recruitment, training and retention and review performance of local technology team.
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation to create shared knowledge base.
- Investigate, research and evaluate external suppliers for potential strategic benefit.
- Drive performance metrics and benchmarking to assess new and alternative solutions.
- Plan, advise and support implementation of large technical projects.
- Have a physical presence in the building, organise and attend meetings as needed.
- Represent the company at relevant external events (e.g. conferences, trade shows), and with relevant suppliers as required.
- Plan, install and support servers, large storage file systems and network infrastructure.
- Edit and create scripts as appropriate to facilitate the automation of systems activities.
- Ensure technical support is provided to local productions where required to meet daily support needs.
- Monitor incoming requests and delegate work efficiently to ensure successful completion of projects and tasks.
- 7+ years supporting a VFX or Commercials Linux environment.
- A thorough grounding in digital camera technology and digital delivery specifications.
- A working knowledge of Networking and Security concepts and technologies.
- A thorough knowledge of industry specific technologies including high performance storage systems and distributed rendering/computing technologies.
- Strong Academic background in a Computer Science degree (or similar).
- Substantial Linux system administration experience using mainstream Linux OS.
- An understanding of technologies such as MySQL, Postgres, NFS, SAN, Apache, Clustered File System, bash and Python.
- A strong leader with good analytical, organisational and communication skills.
- A proactive and pragmatic leadership style coupled with a client-focused approach to service.
- Ability to lead, motivate and support the systems engineering team towards a shared goal.
- Ability to solve problems as they arise and remain calm in a fast-paced and highly pressurised environment.
- Experience in managing performance and appraising productivity.
- Strong team player and ethos.