General Helpers Needed
Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
We are now hiring for General Helper associates to work in our flight kitchen located on the grounds of Pearson International Airport in Mississauga.
This position is represented by a labor Union and is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
A General Helper will be required to;
- Assemble airline meals containing food and food related items
- Create “trays” based upon a predetermined gold standard
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
Our Employees Must Be Able to:
- work assigned schedule which may include multiple shifts (days/afternoons/nights), weekends and holidays
- work overtime when required
- arrive to work on-time
- pass a criminal background check
- complete paperwork
- communicate with supervisors and co-workers
- follow directions
- work as a member of a team
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise
- May work outside in a variety of weather conditions
- Subject to cold temperatures (ranging from +5 degrees to +2degrees Celsius)
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move product, equipment and supplies up to fifty (50) pounds
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
- Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Gate Gourmet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!