Delivery Drivers Needed for our Gate Serve Division!
Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet
Free hot healthy meals daily! Medical, dental & vision insurance available! 401K with company matching! Paid vacation & holidays!
Starting Pay Rate is $9.66/Hour. After 1yr, $10.44, After 2yrs, $10.65, After 3 yrs, $11.08
Gate Serve Company is subsidiary of Gate Gourmet in the U.S. We provide numerous services including: Assembling soda drawers, Packing silverware, Building liquor and/or beer kits, provisioning packaged food and beverage items, providing dry supply uplift (napkins, cups, sugar, dry creamers, etc.), and aircraft watering, First Class meal provisioning on Regional Jet carriers.
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for airlines and railroads. We serve more than 200 million meals a year to our 250-plus customers at more than 100 airport locations around the globe.
We are now hiring for Delivery Drivers to work in our facility located near the Hartsfield-Jackson Airport. This position is represented by a labor Union and is covered by one or more collective bargaining agreement. Union Initiation fee is $81, which can be deducted over several paychecks. Union monthly dues are $21 to be deducted beginning the first paycheck after three months of service.
Position Summary: The Gate Serve Delivery Driver is responsible for driving a vehicle on the Airport Ramp to provide catering services to airline customers in a timely manner. The Delivery Driver must follow all safety procedures when loading and unloading equipment into the warehouse, carts, and aircraft.
Job Specific Requirements:
- Current driver’s license that is not suspended and clean driving record required.
Our Employees Must Be Able to:
- Arrive to work on time and work flexible hours, including weekends, holidays, and overtime when needed.
- Communicate effectively by radio to Supervisors, Dispatchers, and Co-workers.
- Work as a member of a team.
- Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, move product, equipment and supplies up to fifty pounds.
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours.
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
- Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging - Understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring - Influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving - Delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Gate Gourmet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!