Vacancy: Technical Production Support – 12 months FTC
We are currently looking for a Technical Production Support to be part of a small team of technical specialists focused on providing both reactive and proactive support to ensure the effective running of refining processes in the Platinum Group Metal Refinery in Royston.
The successful candidate will act as a single point of contact on technical matters within the assigned operational area and will effectively bridge the Operations and Technical functions to drive the decision-making process and implement improvements.
- To ensure core EHS principles are placed at the forefront of everything we do by championing safe behaviour and by challenging complacency and unsafe practises
- To lead and participate in the escalation of key issues, presenting problem statements and documentation, as well as appropriate proposals for resolution and progress
- Act as a conduit for the transfer of Best Practice in the field of Technical Production Support in and out of R&CE Operations by developing and collaborating with other Global Refining Operations within JM
- Use knowledge of statistical analysis and data visualisation packages (e.g. JMP, Minitab, Tableau, etc.) to provide robust data driven solutions to technical problems, and to communicate these findings in a form appropriate for a non-technical audience
- Use problem solving methodology/principles to establish root causes of issues and identify appropriate solutions within the existing operations, (e.g. CCC-strips, 8D, RCA, Six sigma)
- Contribute in the creation and execution of proactive Process Confirmation through audits and other shop-floor based methods
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports for the Technical Production Support Coordinator and Production managers, as required
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Degree level in Chemical Engineering or other technical discipline
- Strong experience in a technical support role within operations.
- Experience of structured problem-solving tools and techniques
- High level of numeracy, working with systems and data
- Experience with data collection, visualisation and statistical analysis packages
- High level of self-motivation with good time management and ability to work, and deliver, in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrable ability to influence and persuade others to take appropriate actions
- Able to build strategic, cross-functional working relationships
- Demonstrable strong health & safety awareness
Due to the nature of this role applicants must be non-smokers and have been free from nicotine products for at least 3 months.
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Candidate applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.