- This position will support program launch requirements for major OE customers. The principal responsibility of this position is to drive global launch efforts, both internally and externally, to ensure customer requirements and expectations are achieved for successful product launches.
- Responsibilities include samples delivery, risk management/escalation, issue resolution, timeline/project management, manufacturing readiness, APQP task completion, driving specification/customer requirement discussions, and prioritizing tasks needed to fulfill customer requirements
- The candidate will serve as a major interface between customers and JM commercial, technical, and operations teams worldwide.
- The applicant supports the business objectives of the Commercial group, is responsible for developing and maintaining business relationships with diesel customers, and drives launch-related activities to meet customer expectations.
- The position is responsible to ensure that new products are introduced into JM global manufacturing locations efficiently, ensuring that both customer and JM requirements are fully realized.
- This position also interacts with substrate and exhaust manufacturers to enhance JM’s influence throughout the supply chain, achieve total systems integration, and facilitate the introduction of new products.
- This position reports to the Customer Program Manager, who has overall responsibility for product launch activities for all OE customers.
- Champion the activities related to introduction of products from early samples and quotation process through SOP
- Liaise with customers to define new product requirements and convey those requirements internally throughout the organization to ensure that processes are aligned and objectives are clear
- Interface directly with customers to enhance communication and clarity in order to achieve successful product launches and continually improve business relationships. Travel will be required to optimize correspondence with key customer and supply chain contacts
- Develop, maintain, and communicate project plans to ensure all launch activities are completed and program milestones are met. Provide commercial and technical input as needed to successfully meet manufacturing, logistical, and quality requirements
- Coordinate with substrate suppliers and canners to ensure supply chain activities related to program launches are considered and addressed
- Interact with customers and operations, engineering, and technical departments to drive launch-related issues to satisfactory completion within both organizations. Utilize problem solving skills, such as Six Sigma, for swift resolution
- Identify key challenges and proactively implement actions and escalate issues to achieve the desired output
- Assist with customer approval of internal process improvement projects
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will need:
- Minimum of two to four years of commercial, technical, or operations experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical fields such as mechanical and chemical engineering
- Demonstrated project leadership with ability to manage complex and long-term projects
- Ability to communicate and interact at various levels both internally and externally. Must be able to develop and deliver presentations to customers and JM management
- Proven experience and thorough knowledge of IATF 16949 and APQP processes
- Familiarity with problem solving and continual improvement processes, including 6 Sigma tools
- PMP certification a plus