PRINCIPAL / SENIOR
Signal Integrity Products – Semtech
IC Design Engineering
Semtech Corporation (NASDAQ:SMTC; www.Semtech.com) is a leading supplier of high-quality analog and mixed-signal semiconductor products. Semtech is an organization headquartered in Camarillo, California with 31 offices in 14 countries around the world. We pride ourselves of being big enough to have global reach yet a size where individuals can influence and make an impact through great performance and innovation. We are presently seeking multiple PRINCIPAL/SENIOR IC DESIGNERS to be located in our Burlington, Ontario office. This role is a great opportunity to work with a world class IC development team, developing clock-data-recovery, equalizer, transimpedance amplifier, and laser driver integrated circuits operating from 100MHz to 30GHz+. Reporting to the Senior Design Manager, a Principal/Senior IC Design engineer will supplement our existing team by taking a leading role in the development and design of high speed IC products, from initial concept through to volume production.
- Design of high speed IC products
- System modeling
- Lead engineer with responsibility for delivering high performance IC product designs
- Assessing product feasibility and schedule
- Preparing technical reviews and product documentation
- Interface to marketing and applications to define new products and support existing products
- Working effectively with cross functional teams (marketing, sales, applications, product/test engineering) to deliver IC Products
- Undertaking multiple projects in parallel
- Timely production and delivery of IC circuit designs to specification, technical reviews and product documentation
- Provide technical leadership to design engineers
- Effective working relationships developed and maintained at all times
- BSc degree in Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering with significant IC design content (PhD or Masters degree preferred)
- 7 to 10 years of post-graduate experience in IC product design, preferably for optical and/or wireline applications
- Thorough understanding of analog circuit theory, transmission lines and device fundamentals
- Experience of designing in SiGe BiCMOS and/or CMOS
- Experience of low power amplifier design up to 30GHz and beyond, as well as other designs: CDR, GA, Equalizers, Laser Drivers
- Proven track record of taking high performance, high speed IC designs from concept through to volume production, with a successful commercial outcome
- Experienced in working with marketing and systems engineering for product definition
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound appreciation of the impact of IC layout on circuit performance and circuit design
- Experienced in Cadence IC design flow and tools
- Preferred experience of HFSS, ADS and microwave modeling
- Ability to interpret customer and lab verification results to support applications and device characterization
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
We pride ourselves in a fostering an environment that promotes:
- Work life balance
- Openness and collaboration
- Continuous professional self-development
- Opportunities for considerable financial gain through innovation
Burlington, Ontario, is ranked one of the top cities to live in Canada. Burlington has a care-free, low density, and wholesome community feel, yet is close to major transportation routes, to the cultural centers of Toronto (60km) and Hamilton (20km), and to the U.S. border. It has the Niagara Escarpment UNESCO world biosphere reserve and a pristine shoreline off Lake Ontario. Burlington is also immediately surrounded by other communities (Oakville, Milton, and Mississauga) that offer perfect family living studded with fantastic and diverse opportunities to explore nature and culture.
Burlington boasts great employment opportunities and very low crime rates. More than half of the city is protected conservation, parks and rural spaces. The city offers urban amenities and is home to some of Ontario's top festivals, events, and attractions such as the Royal Botanical Gardens and the Burlington Performing Arts Centre.
Our Core Values are the principles that guide the actions of every individual in the Semtech community.
- Teamwork and innovation in all areas
- Treat all individuals with dignity and respect
- Honesty and integrity in all we do
- Open and direct communications
- Fiscal responsibility
Under the Semtech umbrella, a spectrum of technologies is within reach as it provides a working environment that is one of the most balanced semiconductor companies in the industry. These technologies include low-power wireless communications, optical data transport, video broadcasting, power management, circuit protection, touch sensing and more serving smartphones, LCD TVs, notebooks, tablets, smart grid, automotive, automatic meter reading, medical, wireless infrastructure, PON, Internet of Things, and datacenter markets.
Semtech’s Signal Integrity Products (SIP) business unit is a leading provider of semiconductor solutions for a wide range of markets leveraging wire line communications. Our focus is on delivering highly differentiated innovative optical, analog and mixed signal semiconductor solutions to serve the rising global demand for data transmission bandwidth. Semtech’s solutions improve performance, reliability, simplify design, lower system costs, and speed time to market. We offer one of the industry’s most comprehensive portfolios of wire line transceiver IC products ranging from 100Mb/s-100Gb/s.