Semtech Corporation (Nasdaq: SMTC), a publicly-traded company headquartered in Camarillo, CA with offices around the world, is a leading supplier of high performance analog and mixed-signal semiconductor products and advanced algorithms for use in communications, portable devices, computers, and industrial equipment .
Senior/Principal Quality Engineer
Reporting to the Senior Director of Quality Engineering & Technology, this person will be responsible of the analysis of RMAs from customers, evaluating the viability of return and remediation action required in the organization. Work with Design, Product and Test Engineering to improve product quality. Respond to customer escalated CAR’s and work with suppliers as necessary to drive quality and yields in response to CAR/PAR/CCARE/audits and RMAS.
- Expedient and effective hands on diagnosis of customer elevated issues on products and audit results. Report on progress internally within Semtech and externally to the customer in a timely manner.
- Work with Test, Product and Design team to ensure effective remediation of issues and proactive focus on effective test coverage and optimization of outgoing quality.
- Participate and drive DFM, DFT and FMEA activities within the DE/PE/TE groups.
- Manage Quality Continuous Improvement activities through data analysis, root cause identification and implementation of corrective and preventative actions across the Product Development Cycle.
- Assist in the correlation of Wafer Sort, Process Eval, and Final Test activities for quality enhancements.
Minimum Educational Requirements & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical/Electronic, Applied Physics, Material Science Engineering or related degree. Master Degree is a plus.
- Solid Knowledge of product engineering fundamentals with an emphasis on Analog/Mix Signal, Systems on Chip (SoC) and Digital Signal Processors (DSPs) for High Speed Data Center Interconnects such as PAM-4.
- Solid knowledge of semiconductor device physics; including practical experience with SiGe and CMOS FinFET technology. Ability to identify semiconductor device failure mechanisms.
- Seven plus years of demonstrated experience in at least one or a combination of product engineering, test, or design in a complex IC merchant environment. IDM or Fabless Experience is acceptable.
- Effective communicator with the ability to interface at all levels within the organization, possessing a thorough written and verbal command of the English language.
Other Desired Attributes
- Advanced degree in applicable Engineering/Science field
- Experience in a Quality role in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in Semiconductors/Integrated Circuits Manufacturing & Test
- Proven ability to solve problems, analyze data using statistical concepts and tools
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies, ideally Green/Black Belt certified
- Ability to work with minimal guidance when necessary, and manage own time effectively
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Travel Required: 20 to 30 %
Semtech, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity, knowledge and expertise of our workforce. Success, Ethics, Respect and Alignment are the foundational values of our business and guide our relationships with employees, shareholders, customers and other stakeholders.