UncommonGoods is a fun, fast-paced and creative e-commerce retailer based in Brooklyn. Our team is a diverse bunch of friendly, hard-working, outside the box thinking people who sell an eclectic group of handmade, recycled and just-plain-fun products. We care about our impact on the environment and the world, and believe in taking our work seriously, just not ourselves. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, inquisitive, and self-motivated individual with strong business and data skills to join our Analytics team and help support our Marketing team.
- Data quests. Whether it’s a question we pose to you or ones you’ve come up with yourself, you’ll be digging into data from across our departments searching for insights. Some specific data quests that will definitely be part of the role follow.
- Forecasting. Our daily forecast looks at seasonal trends, marketing plans, and tons of other attributes to give sales numbers that help our team's staff and purchase accordingly. You’ll use your business chops to make sure predictions are inline and accurate.
- Creating our direct mail circulation plans. This means figuring out who should get our catalog and when. It also means setting up tests to figure out the effectiveness of our targeting models and mailing strategies.
- Customer analysis. We want you to tell us what separates our best customers from everyone else. How can we maximize customer lifetime value? What product categories should we be pushing people to? You will use our marketing database to uncover all sorts of new data about our customers, and use this to make recommendations on our marketing strategy.
- Other things. As your role expands and we learn what you’re good at/passionate about, we’ll probably ask you to take on new responsibilities. We’re a fairly small, nimble team, and our roles can definitely change over time.
- You love data, asking interesting questions, and working on challenging answers
- You have a college degree in statistics, business, marketing, or a related field.
- You have a solid working knowledge of Excel and SQL.
- Programming experience is a plus but not necessary
A little more about us:
- We’re big on company gatherings and collaboration; we have a company lunch and snack once a month, with tons of events sprinkled throughout the year.
- We don’t have a typical corporate culture – we’re super-casual in terms of dress code and the like, but we’re extremely passionate about our company and making it the best it can be.
- Sustainability is at the core of what we do. We were one of the first certified B Corps, and we are especially interested in hiring people who believe in the UncommonGoods mission.
Applications without a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements will not be considered.