UncommonGoods is the online home of creative design, from handcrafted gifts to upcycled accessories, and our Creative Department is a key player in how we share our vision with the world.
We are looking for a talented editor to join our team. As a senior leader, he or she will plan, manage and oversee all copy and written marketing communications to ensure a consistent brand voice that speaks to our target customer and the CEO’s vision. He or she will also be expected to contribute snappy, imaginative, brand-reinforcing copy for our website, email blasts and other applications. This position reports to our Co-founder, who serves as COO and Creative Director.
- Ensure all product names, copy, headlines, marketing materials, customer and public communications represent the critical brand elements that define UncommonGoods and create our unique “voice”—positively distinguishing UncommonGoods from the competition and resulting in lasting brand recognition and customer loyalty.
- Supervise, manage and coordinate the workload plans for all copy writers (in house, freelance and marketing).
- Edit, re-write and sign off on all product names and copy for our website, catalog, blog and social media to ensure consistency in brand voice.
- Develop original and innovative content ideas for our email, catalog and social network marketing campaigns.
- Edit email and home page headlines, and coordinate on SEO, meta descriptions and artist stories.
- Oversee the QA process to detect and correct spelling, punctuation, syntax and factual errors before content is finalized.
Skills & Qualifications
- Highly creative and organized; able to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- 5+ years of experience including managerial responsibilities
- Strong command of language, grammar, and punctuation.
- Familiarity with our company, our voice, our aesthetic, our ethics, and our audience.
- Familiarity with SEO and Adobe InCopy/InDesign a plus.
- Education & Experience
- BA/MA in Creative Writing, English, Marketing, Journalism or related field.
- Retail or Consumer Magazine/Editorial a plus.
Apply at https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=ugoods&jobId=15702&lang=en_US. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and 5 writing samples. Applications without these items will not be considered.