Seasonal Maintenance Associate
UncommonGoods is seeking highly motivated individuals interested in maintaining our facility, working with a team, and keeping our warehouse clean on a daily basis. We are an online gift retailer with a fast-paced fulfillment center in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. We take pride in our positive and professional work environment and our commitment to making UncommonGoods your favorite place to work. This is a seasonal position that runs from approximately November to December 2014. Those who are most successful in this role may have the opportunity to stay on board beyond that time and join our year-round team.
- Completing standard housekeeping work including: trash removal, bathroom upkeep, sweeping, dusting, mopping, and waxing
- Completing and auditing checklists on an hourly and daily basis ensuring our facility remains clean and sanitary at all times
- Responding to maintenance requests in a timely manner and reporting results to direct supervisor
- Collaborating with the rest of the Operations team to ensure all processes are consistently followed, and when issues do arise, provide solutions that are creative, scalable, and simple.
- Able to communicate respectfully, effectively, and professionally with warehouse associates, peers, managers, and other folks who you may interact with on the floor.
- Able to take and execute direction from your manager or lead on a project or task.
- A strong sense of urgency to complete work, and willingness to show initiative.
- Able to complete physical work, walk, lift up to 50 lbs., and stand for an extended period of time
- Previous experience in a maintenance role is preferred, but not required
- Experience with electrical installation/maintenance, plumbing, painting, and carpentry is a plus
All applications must be submitted online at https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=ugoods&jobId=15730&lang=en_US.