Altair empowers client innovation and decision-making through technology that optimizes the analysis, management and visualization of business and engineering information. Privately held with more than 2,000 employees, Altair has offices throughout North America, South America, Europe and Asia/Pacific. With a 28-year-plus track record for high-end software and consulting services for engineering, computing and enterprise analytics, Altair consistently delivers a competitive advantage to customers in a broad range of industries. Altair has more than 5,000 corporate clients representing the automotive, aerospace, government and defense, and consumer products verticals. Altair also has a growing client presence in the electronics, architecture engineering and construction, and energy markets.
Altair has an opening in Bangalore, India for an experienced and motivated software engineer who will join our dynamic PBS Professional Quality Assurance (QA) team. Altair Engineering is a leading, world-wide software, global product design consulting and technology company. It was founded in 1985 in Troy, Michigan and is privately held. PBS Professional development and QA is led from our Sunnyvale, California office.
PBS Professional is Altair's EAL3+ certified commercial-grade HPC workload management solution. PBS Professional is supported on a wide range of platforms and is a leading workload management solution for high performance computing systems from Cray, SGI, and other vendors. Supported operating systems include AIX, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server, Solaris, and Microsoft Windows.
The successful applicant for this position will play a leading role in reviewing and testing PBS Professional, including on advanced architectures such as those offered by Cray and SGI. This position provides a unique opportunity to gain cutting edge experience in the Workload Management space as Altair Engineering delivers innovative products for users in global markets. This position reports to the PBS Professional QA manager.
• Contributing to the complete software life cycle, including:
o Working in product and delivery Agile scrum teams.
o Contributing to and reviewing user stories, requirements, and design documents for new features in PBS Professional™
o Writing test scenarios and automated tests based on the use case and requirements.
o Writing thorough, robust functional, stress, and performance test cases.
o Executing pre-existing manual and automated tests, including on high performance computer systems.
• Automating test cases using Python scripting and porting existing automated tests to high performance systems.
• Serving as an advocate for software quality in both product and test development.
• Knowledge in preparing QA test plans and test cases for systems software products.
• Knowledge in reviewing requirements specifications, design documents, and tracing requirements to designs and test cases.
• Excellent debugging skills & persistence at debugging
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to work effectively in a distributed team.
• Excellent working knowledge of UNIX and Linux and Python scriptin.
• System-level knowledge of Linux or Unix.
• System-level knowledge of networking, including TCP/IP, DNS, and NFS.
• Strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle, including new feature development and bug management.
• Strong attention to detail, self-starter, self-motivated and a proactive approach to problem solving.
Highly desirable but not necessary:
• Experience working with distributed systems, and with advanced architecture on such systems as the Cray XT and SGI Ultraviolet and ICE.
• Software development using C or C++.
• System level knowledge of Windows, and Windows batch scripting.
• Prior experience writing automated tests.
• Insight into how customers use software and the ability to translate that into product engineering work.
• Experience with container technologies like Docker, kubernetes etc.
The individual selected for this position will have a Masters or Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
Altair is an Equal Opportunity Employer