Altair empowers client innovation and decision-making through technology that optimizes the analysis, management and visualization of business and engineering information. Privately held with more than 2,000 employees, Altair has offices throughout North America, South America, Europe and Asia/Pacific. With a 28-year-plus track record for high-end software and consulting services for engineering, computing and enterprise analytics, Altair consistently delivers a competitive advantage to customers in a broad range of industries. Altair has more than 5,000 corporate clients representing the automotive, aerospace, government and defense, and consumer products verticals. Altair also has a growing client presence in the electronics, architecture engineering and construction, and energy markets.
Senior Application Engineer - FEKO
Title: Application Engineer / Sr. Application Engineer / Senior Application Specialist / Technical Manager
Functional Area: High Frequency RF EDA, EM Simulations, Antenna design and analysis, EMI/EMC, RCS
• Application Engineer or Sr. Application Engineer or Senior Application Specialist / Technical Manager, responsible for pre-and post- sales technical activity in the RF EDA domain. The purpose of this Engineering position is to provide technical interface between the Customer and our Product, as well as activities relative to technical demonstration, training, installation and product support.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Specialist in the use and application of high frequency simulation tool like FEKO, HFSS, IE3D or CST Microwave Wizard to support the design of high frequency, antenna and wave guide applications, EM, RF and microwave applications. Knowledge of EMI/EMC
• Provide on-site demonstrations, presentations, and training for our EM tool in support of the sales and marketing efforts.
• Perform pre and post-sales support of customer including evaluations, software benchmarking and high-level technical support.
• Provide training and support (on-site, via telephone, and email) to increase the productivity of our customers and enhance their ability to apply our tools to their design challenges.
• Work closely with Sales team to qualify opportunities and propose solutions together with the customer. Provide the technical knowledge to define the best solution meeting customers' requirements.
Altair is an Equal Opportunity Employer