Altair empowers client innovation and decision-making through technology that optimizes the analysis, management and visualization of business and engineering information. Privately held with more than 2,000 employees, Altair has offices throughout North America, South America, Europe and Asia/Pacific. With a 28-year-plus track record for high-end software and consulting services for engineering, computing and enterprise analytics, Altair consistently delivers a competitive advantage to customers in a broad range of industries. Altair has more than 5,000 corporate clients representing the automotive, aerospace, government and defense, and consumer products verticals. Altair also has a growing client presence in the electronics, architecture engineering and construction, and energy markets.
Make a big impact as part of a global team of HPC experts to optimize the world’s largest computers solving problems that really matter. Altair’s PBS Works™ suite operates between the most demanding applications (e.g., weather prediction, computational fluid dynamics, structural optimization) and the most powerful computers – scheduling the right job at the right time on the right resources – making the computing infrastructure reliable, efficient, scalable, and agile. The suite’s flagship product, PBS Professional®, allows enterprises to easily share distributed computing resources across geographic boundaries. With additional tools for portal-based job submission, remote visualization, reporting, analytics, and data management, the PBS Works suite is a comprehensive solution for optimizing HPC environments.
As an engineering member of our core scheduling team, you will contribute to the design and development of next generation technology for PBS Professional.
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and intelligent software engineer who can translate the business need into highly scalable, maintainable software solutions. This is an exciting opportunity to make a difference in a visible, close-knit team working on a worldwide product.
• Build sophisticated technology for the PBS Professional product based on customer-driven requirements (aka “design solutions”).
• Write and shepherd designs through the entire software development process, from requirements and use cases to shipping product (aka “write code”).
• Apply best practices in software engineering, delivering projects on time, on budget, and with excellent quality.
• Modify existing software technology to correct errors and/or improve performance (aka “fix bugs”).
• Provide expertise to the support and sales organizations as well as other software engineers.
Skills and Experience required:
• Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science or related.
• Superior programming skills and excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and debugging skills
• Proficiency in the Python programming language. C experience desired.
* Experience in working with messaging middlewares like Apache Kafka or similar
* Experience in integrating with monitoring tools like Ganglia, Nagios, Zenoss or similar
• Excellent communication and people skills; excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Strong computer science background with systems-level knowledge (e.g., networking, operating systems, file systems, clustering, high availability).
Altair is An Equal Opportunity Employer
Altair is an Equal Opportunity Employer