Altair empowers client innovation and decision-making through technology that optimizes the analysis, management and visualization of business and engineering information. Privately held with more than 2,000 employees, Altair has offices throughout North America, South America, Europe and Asia/Pacific. With a 28-year-plus track record for high-end software and consulting services for engineering, computing and enterprise analytics, Altair consistently delivers a competitive advantage to customers in a broad range of industries. Altair has more than 5,000 corporate clients representing the automotive, aerospace, government and defense, and consumer products verticals. Altair also has a growing client presence in the electronics, architecture engineering and construction, and energy markets.
The “Fatigue Platform” Application Specialist is responsible for providing active support to the “Fatigue Platform” product development team by collaborating with program management on specification/use-cases, providing domain expertise to development staff, testing the product to meet usability and robustness expectations and interacting with field staff as needed.
The candidate must have 5-10 years of experience in Fatigue and Durability workflows with hands-on experience working with commercial tools. Advanced CAE background with exposure to both FEA and MBD simulations is must.
Knowledge in areas like: automotive domain, especially in Vehicle Dynamics, Durability, NVH and Body applications. Software Development experience is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a part of Program Management team:
• Collaborate with the Program Manager (PM) and understand the technical requirement
• Work closely with development team in accomplishing successful implementation of the requirement
• Jointly create software specifications and use-cases for planned capabilities
• Plan and execute internal and external testing events
• Interact within and outside the team in the process of exchanging and acquiring knowledge
Product quality and delivery :
• Communicate software requirement and explain use-cases to development team
• Serve as the Fatigue and durability domain expert and evaluate/test new features
• Test pre-release code against specifications to ensure that the implementation is usable and of high quality as they are developed
• Assist software development with test automation efforts
• Document the features developed, with special focus on content.
• Interact with Application Specialists/Engineers, seek feedback on features implemented and those under development.
Lead role in improving product robustness and usability:
• Develop master test plan for the release and make sure it is fulfilled by all participants
• Test end-to-end high level customer scenarios to prove product usability
Interact with other teams:
• Help technical support with queries and issues as required
• Interact with business development to understand customer use case scenarios, problems etc.
• Present new features to business development /AEs at the time of release
Desired Skills :
• Advanced fatigue theory knowledge and Durability attribute is required. Experience with vehicle validation and durability process is a plus.
• Proficient and exposure to Fatigue and Durability workflows including hands on experience to commercial tools (Eg: nCode, FEMFAT, CAE Fatigue etc)
• Experience/Knowledge in Fatigue and Durability Analysis like Constant or Variable Amplitude, UniAxial,
Multiaxial, Low Cycle or High Cycle, Thermal mechanical, Weld Fatigue Analysis, Damage & Life
Estimation, Crack Propagation
• Minimum 3 years of experience in CAE analysis with Automotive industry. Exposure to Aero stress analysis is a plus.
• Multi-body Dynamics and/or Road Load analysis experience is REQUIRED
• Expert in automotive domain and Vehicle Dynamics.
• Ability to use software and identify its strengths and shortcomings from a usability perspective
• Aggressive and creative problem solver who is highly goal oriented and resourceful
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Strong verbal and oral communication skills: The ability to articulate clearly and succinctly to a variety of audiences (PMs, Technical Specialists, Developers, Architects, Business Development, etc.)
• Computer literate in Excel, Word, Access, Project and PowerPoint.
• Basic understanding of object oriented coding language like: C++ and/or Python
B.E./B.Tech./M.E./M.Tech. in Mechanical, Automobile, Aerospace or Civil Engineering.
Must Have experience:
• Familiar with commercial Fatigue Evaluations Suites/software (nCode, FEMFAT, CAE Fatigue etc).
• Advanced user with FEA tools and solvers (Hypermesh, Optistruct, Abaqus, Nastran, ANSYS, ANSYS Workbench) and data post-processing tools (Hyperview, Hypergraph, Glyphworks). MBD tools (Adams) which incorporate FEA flex bodies for loads generation and durability analysis is a plus.
• 5 years experience with advanced numerical problems, including non-linear, modal, dynamic time history, and frequency domain problem sets.
• Minimum 2 years experience in systems engineering, DOE, and Structural optimization.
• Durability attribute and advanced fatigue theory knowledge is required, including experience with engine and vehicle validation and durability process.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiating skills.
• Team player, ability to work with several teams concurrently and across multiple sites.
Altair is an Equal Opportunity Employer