Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy of more than 700 designers, engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering, Inc. (www.altair.com), this cross-functional organization is best known for its leadership in combining human and machine creativity to fuel innovation, automate processes, and develop new methods. Altair ProductDesign firmly advocates a user-centered, team-based design approach, and utilizes proprietary simulation and optimization technologies to help clients bring innovative, profitable products to market faster.
Title: Project Engineer – FEA Optimization
• Should have 3+ YOE in automotive product design and development function applying both conventional and simulation based design methods.
• Should have worked in at least 1 complete product design cycle (concept to launch)
• Experience with both OEM and supplier will be preferred
• Should have good experience in Application of optimization methods at different stages of design life cycle
• Should be able to optimize designs of various auto parts, sub-systems and full systems
• Should be knowledgeable with casting, stamping and plastic moulding processes. Composite knowledge will be a plus
• Should have a sound understanding of impact of design suggestions on cost
• Experience in physical testing and correlation will be an added advantage
• Should be a highly technical individual with hands on application experience in one or more of functional attributes such as Crash/Safety, Durability (or) Noise Vibration (NVH)
• Should have handled both static and dynamic problems with linear, non-linear response
• Should have strong hands-on experience in CAE(FEA)
• CAE Tools: Altair HyperWorks – OptiStruct, Radioss solvers
Altair is an Equal Opportunity Employer