Location: The Center for Children and Women
Position: Assistant Professor
Essential Functions and Duties:
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is recruiting an experienced obstetrician gynecologist (MD/DO) to join The Center at Greenspoint, a patient and family-centered medical home which serves the north Houston area. Primary responsibilities include providing patient-centered care to pregnant women in the inpatient stetting working as a hospitalist.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Prompt assessment of all patients presenting to the hospital from The Center Obstetrics practice, including patients presenting to the emergency room.
- Management of labor, delivery, and immediate postpartum care of all patients from The Center admitted to the delivery hospital.
- Provide long-acting emergency contraception to eligible patients.
- Admission, management, and discharge of antepartum patients.
- Provide coverage of urgent phone calls from The Center Obstetrics practice when The Center is closed.
- Provide medical and/or surgical management of ectopic pregnancy and early pregnancy loss
- Provide supervision of certified nurse midwives in our practice.
- Supervise and teach ob/gyn residents and medical students in a hospital setting.
- Participate in and actively support the quality and safety programs of the hospital and of The Center.
- Participate in and actively support committee activities of the hospital and of The Center.
- Provide updates and clear communication between nursing and ob/gyn physicians.
- Organize post acute care for ob/gyn patients in the outpatient setting when appropriate.
- Appropriately bill all provided services
Minimum Education: Board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology by American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG) OR completed residency training in obstetrics and gynecology and eligible to sit for certification with the ABOG.
Experience: preferred two years experience in full-service obstetrics practice
Certification/Licenses/Registration: Required: Current license to practice medicine from the Texas Board of Medical Examiners