Highway Equipment Company designs and manufactures New Leader® crop nutrient applicators and Hi-Way® deicing spreaders and road maintenance equipment. Our extensive relationships with the country’s largest municipalities and the agricultural industry’s top equipment manufacturers, allow our products to be sold and used throughout the world. As the recognized leader in our industry, we challenge ourselves to continuously improve in every aspect of our business. To that end, we are in need of leaders who have the proven ability to see opportunities for improvement and implement the change needed to achieve it.
The Production Supervisor directs employees who work in production, shipping, and/or inventory, plans and assigns work, enforces policies and procedures, and develops the skills and abilities of team members. Identifies, recommends, plans, leads, and implements improvements in methods, processes, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions. Proactively and urgently drives improvements in safety, quality, delivery, productivity, and cost. Directs and coordinates activities concerned with production and shipment of company products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Qualifications and Essential Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business management field, plus a minimum of two years leadership experience in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Background with manufacturing methods and continuous improvement programs required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Assembly, fabrication, and shipping experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to sit and interface with computer systems while maintaining a high level of concentration. The employee is also regularly required to stand and walk while performing the duties of the job. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands/fingers to handle or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually quiet. Employee may be exposed to shop environment while distributing documents to shop area. When on shop floor, employee will be required to wear safety glasses at all times, steel-toed footwear and ear protection when job demands presence in areas outside safety zones and gloves when handling material. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration, and occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the plant shop environment is moderately loud. Handles hazardous waste according to company policy and participates in annual hazardous waste training.