Qualifications and Essential Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or agricultural engineering from an accredited engineering school required with a minimum of eight (8) years of product design experience in a manufacturing environment and with similar products.
- Experience in best practices, project management, and people management.
- High level of engineering technical skills and the ability to apply diversified knowledge to a design.
- Experience evaluating, selecting, and applying sensors, electronics, and hydraulics to mechanical designs.
- High level of solid modeling and documentation skills (SolidWorks preferred), FEA, FMEA, computers, and other engineering related tools
- Strong Computer skills including Microsoft Office suite.
- Oral and written communication skills appropriate for working with all levels of the company, customers, and suppliers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to sit and interface with computer systems while maintaining a high level of concentration. The employee is also regularly required to stand and walk while performing the duties of the job. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands/fingers to handle or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually quiet. Employee may be exposed to shop environment while distributing documents to shop area. When on shop floor, employee will be required to wear safety glasses at all times, steel-toed footwear and ear protection when job demands presence in areas outside safety zones and gloves when handling material. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration, and occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the plant shop environment is moderately loud. Position involves working indoors and outdoors with some exposure to weather conditions.