Current exiting high school juniors and seniors (aged 16 or older), are you looking to explore a career in Advanced Manufacturing? Here is your opportunity!
Earn $10.00/hour (40 hours/week) while learning in a state-of-the-art advanced manufacturing facility for eight weeks this summer.
Half of your day will consist of learning about CNC machining at the Hypertherm Technical Training Institute, the other half will consist of job shadowing/interning in the greater Hypertherm business.
You will learn the fundamentals of:
- How to operate cutting-edge CNC machines (Computer Numeric Control)
- G&M code programming
- Blueprint reading with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Machine tool math
- Verifying product quality with state of the art inspection equipment
- Participate in LEAN, and continuous improvement activities
- Fundamentals of turning, milling, inspection, and manufacturing processes
- Current high school juniors and seniors (aged 16 or older) interested in a career in Advanced Manufacturing
- Must be able to attend the full 8 weeks - starting Monday, June 25th - August 31st (planned, one-week unpaid summer vacation July 23rd - July 27th)
- Must pass a drug screen
- Must obtain a referral letter from a teacher, administrator, or employer
- No prior experience required
- To be considered you must apply by Wednesday, May 2, 2018