Title: Campus: Software Development Internship (2017 Start)
In an industry where one bug can cost six-figures, striving for perfection is crucial. Clean, well-tested, understandable code is far more important than clever tricks. As a member of our Chicago based software development team, you will be given immediate responsibility writing code that matters. Our teams are highly collaborative, striving to find the right solution instead of the quickest, easiest, or first. We pride ourselves on our apprenticeship model to growth and development, whether you are joining us in a full time development role or for our 10 week internship program. You will work closely with senior developers and be given increasing levels of responsibility and autonomy as you prove you understand the Optiver way. If you join Optiver, your software development skills will be taken to another level in a dynamic and highly competitive industry.
Who we are:
Optiver is a proprietary global market maker, trading on major financial markets around the world. We opened our first office in Amsterdam and now have locations in Chicago, Shanghai, and Sydney. We employ over 900 highly educated professionals worldwide who are continuously improving the way we work and striving for excellence in everything we do. Being good is not good enough, and it is every employee’s responsibility to make our company better. Founded in 1986, Optiver has been profitable every year of its existence.
What you’ll need:
• Completing or working towards a BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical field
• Knowledge of algorithms, data structures, multiprocessing, and clean coding principles
• Experience coding in C++, C#, C or Java
• Desire to work together with developers, traders and business operations on a daily basis
• Excitement to learn options trading and apply this knowledge toward well-crafted solutions to trading problems.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening.
What you'll get:
Competitive compensation; housing provided; breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages provided daily; paid commuting expenses; weekly in-house chair massages; casual dress environment; game room with ping pong table, pool table, video games and more!