Title: Trader Intern
Start Date Options: Summer 2018
Who we are:
Optiver’s story began over 30 years ago, when we started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today, we are at the forefront of trading and technology as a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. With over 1,000 employees globally and 200 in our Chicago office, our mission to improve the market unites us.
We work in the fast-paced, high-tech financial markets. Our traders require sharp analytical and quantitative skills to complement their quick decision-making abilities. Using our proprietary and automated trading systems, our traders identify and capitalize on market opportunities and make split-second trading decisions that instantly impact our firm’s profitability.
As a Trader Intern, you will learn derivative theory, algorithmic trading practices, and the technical skills needed to be a successful trader. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to see how the entire trading process works by trading on simulated markets that utilize real-time data and Optiver’s proprietary systems.
What you’ll do:
• Learn derivative theory, practical trading concepts and methods for data analysis
• Complete a project that directly impacts the strategy and success of our trading teams while partnering with an experienced trader. Project can focus on a variety of different areas that impact our trading teams such as:
• PNL and pricing analysis
• Process optimization
• Strategy development
• Use proprietary software to trade in a simulated environment
• Test electronic execution strategies
• Learn from experienced traders and explore career paths in the trading industry
What you’ll need:
• Sophomore or Junior level standing for a Bachelor’s degree
• Excellent quantitative and logical reasoning skills
• Ability to accomplish individual and group tasks
• Strong communication skills
• Passion and eagerness to learning on a daily basis
• Experience with programming or scripting preferred
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening.
What you’ll get:
Competitive compensation; mentorship from an experienced trader; housing provided; breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages provided daily; paid commuting expenses; weekly in-house chair massages; casual dress environment; barista in office; game room with ping pong table, pool table, video games and more!
Meet George, one of Optiver's Trading Interns, and learn about his experience interning at Optiver last summer: http://bit.ly/tradinginternspotlight