Title: Derivatives Trader
Start Date Options: February 2018 and August 2018
Who we are:
Optiver’s story began over 30 years ago, when we started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today, we are at the forefront of trading and technology as a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. With over 1,000 employees globally and over 200 in our Chicago office, our mission to improve the market unites us.
We work in the fast-paced, high-tech financial markets. Our Derivatives Traders require sharp analytical and quantitative skills to complement their quick decision-making abilities. Using our proprietary and automated trading systems, our traders identify and capitalize on market opportunities and partner with our Development team to build out long term solutions that impact our firm’s profitability.
At Optiver, we believe our people are our greatest asset and invest in their continued development. As a new Derivatives Trader, we provide you with a comprehensive theoretical and practical training program, so prior experience in the financial markets is not required. Throughout this program, you will learn derivative theory, algorithmic trading practices, and the technical skills needed to improve Optiver’s current trading strategies and develop new ones. Additionally, you will be assigned a Trading Mentor who will guide you in your new career. Our mentors provide coaching and feedback, while helping you acclimate to life at Optiver.
What you’ll do:
• Make markets in equity, commodity, or fixed income derivatives
• Provide prices and liquidity to global electronic trading platforms
• Improve current electronic trading algorithms, as well as innovate and implement new ones
• Optimize and automate trading processes within a framework of sound risk management
• Manage the risks of a diversified portfolio of financial instruments
• Process the flow of information from multiple capital markets simultaneously
What you’ll need:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative or technical fields
• Internship experience in a related field or role
• Excellent quantitative and logical reasoning skills
• Ability to accomplish individual and group tasks
• Passion and eagerness to learn on a daily basis
• Experience with programming or scripting
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening.
What you’ll get:
25 days paid vacation; paid commuting expenses up to the maximum allowable amount; attractive bonus structure; training opportunities; generous 401K company match; fully paid health insurance premiums; breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages provided daily; weekly in-house chair massages; casual dress; game room; annual company trip; in office barista and more!