Title: Execution Trader
Start Date: February 2018 and August 2018
Who we are:
Optiver’s story began over 30 years ago, when we started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today, we are at the forefront of trading and technology as a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. With over 1,000 employees globally and over 200 in our Chicago office, our mission to improve the market unites us.
Our Execution Traders are the eyes and ears of our trading floor. In order to successfully manage Execution Trading, you will develop valuable skills which will enable you to provide fast and efficient markets in competitive volumes to trading counterparties worldwide. You will also develop and maintain relationships with brokers to ensure Optiver US continues to be a top-tier and valuable trading firm. An ideal Execution Trader values challenges and feedback, has superior communication and interpersonal skills and can handle rapid change with a sense of humor.
At Optiver, we believe our people are our greatest asset and invest in their continued development. As a new Execution Trader, we provide you with a comprehensive theoretical and practical training program, so prior experience in the financial markets is not required. Throughout this program, you will learn derivative theory, algorithmic trading practices, and the technical skills needed to improve Optiver’s current trading strategies and develop new ones. Additionally, you will be assigned a Trading Mentor who will guide you in your new career. Our mentors provide coaching and feedback, while helping you acclimate to life at Optiver.
What you’ll do:
• Identify and capitalize on market opportunities both independently and with brokers
• Make split-second trading decisions that can instantly impact profitability
• Represent Optiver’s quotes and execute large size trades with brokers and bank sale desks via squawk box (phone), IM and Bloomberg
• Constantly look for and identify opportunities in the market
• Develop and maintain good business relationships with brokers
• Improve execution and access to volume
• Understand and apply knowledge of the exchanges’ rules & regulations
What you’ll need:
• Bachelor’s degree in business or finance related fields
• Internship experience in: finance, investment banking, consulting or related role
• Confident, articulate and professional speaking abilities
• Competitive attitude and eagerness to constantly improve
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
• Strong mathematical and quantitative background
• Computer programming skills are a plus, but not required
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening.
What you’ll get:
25 days paid vacation; paid commuting expenses up to the maximum allowable amount; attractive bonus structure; training opportunities; generous 401K company match; fully paid health insurance premiums; breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages provided daily; weekly in-house chair massages; casual dress; game room; annual company trip; in office barista and more!