Title: Campus: FPGA Engineer (2018 Start)
Optiver is looking to add FPGA Engineers to its Automated Trading Systems (ATS) team. ATS solve a variety of problems with high degrees of difficulty: managing scarce bandwidth resources, responding to market events with extremely low latency, and automatically pricing diverse sets of financial instruments with near-zero error tolerance. We build systems with little room for failure which add to the stability of the market, not detract from it. These systems must be simple, flexible, and well-architected so they can quickly be changed to meet the dynamic needs of our traders. We already have a team of great engineers, but we need more.
Who we are:
Optiver’s story began over 30 years ago, when we started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today, we are at the forefront of trading and technology as a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. With over 1,000 employees globally and 200 in our Chicago office, our mission to improve the market unites us.
Optiver Hardware Engineers:
• Accelerate network infrastructure and trading system components with high speed FPGA designs.
• Research new low-latency techniques and identify opportunities for integration with our trading system.
• Work in a multidisciplinary team of traders, software developers, and infrastructure engineers.
• Leverage the best hardware available, ensuring our FPGAs can interface with cutting edge server hardware.
What you'll need:
• A Bachelor’s degree in CE, EE, CS, or related technical field
• 0-3 years of experience designing FPGAs in VHDL or Verilog. We use VHDL.
• Experience coding in VHDL, Verilog, SystemVerilog, C, or C++
• Experience with digital simulators and self-checking test benches a plus
• Ability to work closely with software developers to rapidly deliver integrated systems.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
What you'll get:
25 days paid vacation, paid commuting expenses up to the maximum allowable amount, attractive bonus structure, training opportunities, generous 401K company match, fully paid health insurance premiums, free catered breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages daily, complimentary in-house barista, weekly in-house chair massages, casual dress, game room and more!