Title: Clearing Specialist
Optiver is seeking a driven and proactive Clearing Specialist to join our Corporate Strategy. This individual will partner with our internal and external groups, such as our business development team and COO, while strengthening and managing relationships with prime brokers and clearing banks. The ideal candidate will have exceptional negotiation skills, an understanding of the trading industry, and global banking and finance knowledge.
Who we are:
Optiver’s story began over 30 years ago, when we started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today, we are at the forefront of trading and technology as a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. With over 1,000 employees globally and 200 in our Chicago office, our mission to improve the market unites us.
What you’ll do:
• Optimize clearing solutions both for continuous business as well as for new opportunities
• Proactively assess the clearing landscape, monitor regulatory developments and make recommendations based on the analysis
• Manage relationships with prime brokers and clearers, including setting routine meetings with our partners, maintaining an issues list, and escalating unsolved problems if necessary
• Setup and maintain trading accounts with Optiver’s clearing partners
• Maintain strong clearing controls by renegotiating arrangements and updating agreements as needed
• Work with clearing banks and prime brokers to ensure operational efficiency and streamlined processes
• Research and facilitate alternative third party and self-clearing solutions
• Partner with the Finance department to ensure sufficient cash balances for daily operations
What you’ll need:
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or a related field
• 5+ years’ experience working in the financial markets
• Knowledge and experience in clearing & settlement
• Familiarity with global clearing banks and the ability to establish relationships with new partners
• Strong negotiation skills and the ability to manage an organized negotiation
• Entrepreneurial mindset and a results driven approach to tasks
• Creativity and the ability to come up with inventive solutions
What you’ll get:
25 days paid vacation, paid commuting expenses up to the maximum allowable amount, attractive bonus structure, training opportunities, generous 401K company match, fully paid health insurance premiums, free catered breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages daily, complimentary in-house barista, weekly in-house chair massages, casual dress, game room and more!