Title: Campus: Software Engineer (2019 Start)
Our Software Engineers build proprietary trading systems which directly impact the financial markets. Your career at Optiver begins with a rigorous training program where you will learn the intricacies of our trading systems and the engineering principles that drive our decision making. You will also go through trader training to gain a deep understanding of the trading strategies executed by our distributed systems. We invest in your growth so you can make an immediate impact through engineering simple solutions to our complex trading problems. You will manage scarce bandwidth resources, automatically price diverse sets of financial instruments, and guarantee our systems are safe and controlled in a dynamic and highly competitive industry.
Technology at Optiver:
At Optiver we pride ourselves on being real engineers, not just coders. Our engineers work closely with traders to identify the business problems we face and determine how they should be solved. We apply a disciplined and scientific approach. We engineer simple, well-architected solutions that meet the dynamic needs of our traders. Our passion is to solve problems which really matter to the business, and we take pride in the quality of our solutions.
What you’ll need:
• Graduating with a BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
• Knowledge of algorithms, data structures, concurrency, and systems programming concepts
• Experience coding in C++, C#, C, or Java
• Ability to communicate and collaborate with developers, traders, and business operations on a daily basis
• Excitement to learn options trading and apply this knowledge toward well-crafted solutions
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver’s story began over 30 years ago, when we started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today, we are at the forefront of trading and technology as a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. With over 1,000 employees globally and 200 in our Chicago office, our mission to improve the market unites us.