Title: Campus: FPGA Engineer (2019 Start)
Our FPGA Engineers develop trading strategies with nanosecond response times, highly parallelized algorithms, and customized low-level networking. Your career at Optiver begins with a robust training program where you will learn the intricacies of our trading systems and the engineering principles that drive our decision making. You will work on all aspects of the FPGA development process from researching new low-latency techniques and cutting-edge hardware to deeply understanding the intricacies of our trading strategies and software. Your work must be flexible, fast, and scalable to tightly integrate with our systems and meet the evolving needs of our traders.
Technology at Optiver:
At Optiver we pride ourselves on being real engineers, not just coders. Our engineers work closely with traders to identify the business problems we face and determine how they should be solved. We apply a disciplined and scientific approach. We engineer simple, well-architected solutions that meet the dynamic needs of our traders. Our passion is to solve problems which really matter to the business, and we take pride in the quality of our solutions.
What you'll need:
• Graduating with a BS or MS in Computer Engineering or related technical field
• Experience designing FPGAs in VHDL or Verilog
• Knowledge of digital simulators and self-checking test benches a plus
• Ability to communicate and collaborate with developers, traders, and business operations on a daily basis
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver’s story began over 30 years ago, when we started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today, we are at the forefront of trading and technology as a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. With over 1,000 employees globally and 200 in our Chicago office, our mission to improve the market unites us.