If you are a NEW candidate, you will create a log in and password when you apply. If you have previously applied to a position on our website, input your e-mail and password below to login.
Are you a returning applicant?
Software Development Engineer – Full Stack - Torrance, CA USA
|Job Location:||Torrance, CA|
|# of Openings:||1|
This is an opportunity to work on an industry leading website that won the Web Marketing Association’s 2011 award for “BEST BIOTECHNOLOGY WEBSITE”. Join a top notch team working with leading edge technologies and tools to create innovative web, mobile and desktop applications that helps scientists find cures for diseases, helps food companies ensure that their products are safe, helps environmental labs keep our planet clean and helps clinical labs diagnose diseases before it is too late. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow, learn, have fun and carve your own career path then please apply.
The Software Development Engineer will draw upon solid technical knowledge in software development to deliver working and innovative products working closely with a nimble team of engineers.
The ideal candidate is someone who has had at least 2+ years of solid object-oriented software development experience, and grasp of data, systems, and frameworks in Microsoft and/or other software platforms to move our e-commerce platform to the next level. This candidate will work directly with data powering our web portal, be keenly knowledgeable of our data lifecycles behind our business, and be responsible for developing, testing, and sustaining it to constantly meet our business needs.
This position functions as the driving force behind the delivery of multiple, concurrent projects that leverage and extend our robust technical platform to our customers and partners. Must be a self-starter capable of interfacing directly with the Product owner and key stakeholders to deliver projects on-time and on-budget with minimal direct supervision.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of related work experience
* Proficiency in at least one programming language such as C/C++, Java, and C#/.NET.
* Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals: OOP, Design, Algorithms, and Data Structures.
* Experience with data migration, replication, integration, and ETL via SQL and/or NoSQL
* Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
* Comfortable with Agile/SCRUM development methodologies
* Must possess effective communication skills
* Ability to quickly learn and tackle unfamiliar problems in a fast-moving technology space and agile development environment
* Ability to self-start, be result-oriented, and work well individually and in a collaborative team environment
* Experience with MS SQL Servers (2008, 2012) and related monitoring and troubleshooting tools such as SQL Profiler and Redgate a plus
* Experience developing web applications on cloud services, e.g., Azure, AWS, App Engine, Heroku, Rackspace, etc.
* Experience with Microsoft technologies, i.e., C#, .NET, MVC, Azure Storage/Service/VM
* Experience with Microsoft applications, i.e., Dynamics CRM, AX, Active Directory, or any other CRM/ERP systems in the past
* Knowledge of SDLC and best practices in software engineering, including but not limited to coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build process, testing, and deployment
|Back to Search Results