The Stores Clerk is responsible for shipment of finished goods to our customers. This position requires forklift operation, good carpentry skills, use of power hand tools, ability to lift up to 40 LBS. Utilizes PC to perform duties.
the daily support of the Shipping and Receiving Department activities and personnel. The functions are varied and typically “entry level” in complexity and scope. This individual will be trained in understanding most duties and functions within the Shipping Department, and will act as a backup to many specific positions and departmental duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives shipments of incoming materials.
- Load and unload truck.
- Select appropriate packaging materials and container per customer requirements.
- Routes outgoing shipments through various means of transportation.
- Completes applicable paperwork such as, customs invoice, bills of lading, and barcode labels.
- Pulls parts from stores, routes parts to staging area for shipment.
- Maintains shipment history files.
- Routes paperwork to contracts and accounting after shipment of goods
- Supports Management as directed.
- May create MS Word and Excel documents and spreadsheets for Materials staff.
- Performs data entry.
- Files Materials Department documents.
- Follows all safety guidelines established by the Company, including proper use of safety equipment and relevant safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Motivated, dependable individual who exhibits a strong attention to detail and arrives on time for start of shift.
- Ability to adhere to a flexible and demanding schedule that may result in short days, short-notice unscheduled overtime, or additional weekend shifts.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Familiar with Word, Excel, and keyboarding.
- Passing score on AMT Basic Math Test.
- Experience in the use of hand and power tools such as hammer, drills, nail and staple guns, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and keyboarding.
- Approved training in forklift operation.
- High school diploma.
- Standing, sitting and walking throughout the work day.
- Lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds.
- Use of computer keyboard, mouse and multiline phone throughout the work day.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- The Shipping Clerk is required to enter the warehouse and/or machine shop environment at times throughout the work day; this environment may include exposure to noise, dust, fumes, vapor from coolant, etc.
- Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the Company, and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required.
- Safety training is required and provided by the Company in accordance with applicable law, industry standards, and Company policy.
- Possible skin and inhaled contact with various sealants, paints, adhesives, and other chemicals may occur.