Yard Supervisor will support the process to satisfy new and current customer demands by providing the safe securement of vehicles for transport to dealers and customers.
Yard Supervisor will ensure vehicles are safely loaded onto to a transport rig, assist drivers with achieving damage free deliveries to designated dealerships, comply with all Federal, State, and local regulations pertaining to the trucking operation. Yard Supervisor will act as a goodwill ambassador for all customers of Hansen &Adkins/Harbor Transport while performing these tasks.
- Perform a Pre-load Inspection.
- Record any defects or damages on vehicle inspection reports.
- Review and sign off on loads prior to leaving facility.
- Drive safely and courteously; conduct self professionally.
- Comply with all Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Prepare Preliminary Accident Reports and follow-up reports.
- Be available for work on weekends or holidays, as advised.
- Comply with all company policies, procedures and work rules.
- Complete any and all tasks assigned by management.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Minimum 3 years yard supervisory or Auto Hauling experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential responsibilities of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The associate is frequently exposed to extreme heat (above 90 degrees Fahrenheit). The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.